Reading Language Arts for Grades 4-6
Built to Help Students Reach Light Bulb Moments
Literacy Instruction Grounded in Research
Contemporary instruction in literacy, content areas, social-emotional learning and – most importantly — student curiosity.
Students take on Science and Social Studies themes in their literacy block. Academic selections equip students to solve culminating, real-world challenges.
Using whole- and small- group instruction, the Reading Block follows a gradual release model that enables our teachers to easily differentiate for all reading abilities.
Student authors participate in daily mini lessons where they're immersed in genres through mentor texts and can develop their own writer's craft.
In Bridge lessons, students practice skills that are complementary to both reading and writing.
Our 4-6 grade math students follow STEMscopes Curriculum,
which offers a fresh take on math by bringing together standards-driven activities and non-stop student engagement.
“We adopted it this year and I personally love it! I feel the students are getting pushed out of their comfort zone of learning and are having to do more thinking. I teach 4th and 5th grade math in 90 minute blocks and some days I have to "push" them out of my classroom because they are having so much fun learning math they don't want to leave.”
- Amber Moore
Our program has built in STAAR questions and everything, including homework, can be done on students' personal iPad.
Flexible yet intuitive in design, STEMscopes Math emulates what real-world STEM professionals do on a daily basis: question, explore and productively struggle with new ideas.
Teacher Discourse Moves We Facilitate in Our Math Curriculum:
- Waiting for students to think
- Inviting student participation
- Revoicing students’ responses
- Asking students to revoice their peers’ responses
- Probing students’ thinking
- Creating opportunities for students to engage each others’ reasoning
Giving Students the Tools They Need for a Lifetime of Reading Success
Our curriculum, Saxon Phonics and Spelling, engages the whole student by offering a comprehensive, multisensory approach to mastering critical foundational skills.
Students Gain Experience with:
- Comprehensive support for continued growth
- Continual, incremental review throughout the year which ensures long-term success.
- Daily practice and review that deepens understanding and strengthens their abilities to apply concepts consistently.
- Explicit instruction in critical foundational skills such as high-frequency words, phonics and phonemic awareness, spelling, and more combine with interactive classroom materials to create an environment where students want to learn.
Differentiation In Every Lesson
- English learner support at the beginning of every lesson.
- Small group differentiation support at the end of every non-assessment lesson.
- Spelling materials provided by teachers have added articulation to support English learners and readers.
Multi-sensory Practice & Dyslexia Support
We provide instruction for all learning modalities that align with the Orton-Gillingham approach for differentiated instruction, including Dyslexia.
By addressing specific needs through various support tools throughout the lessons, we have the greatest chance of success for all students.